ModelOp’s core mission is to help companies transform themselves into AI-driven, model-first organizations through our ModelOp Command Center model life-cycle management product. We are looking for people who want an opportunity to grow within a venture-backed company recognized as a leader in model operations. As a Software Engineer, you will be working with a team of highly qualified engineers in the development of our product solution for Machine Learning/AI/Analytic model operations. You will work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software and participate in a focused development team as an individual contributor. The work will be in a combination of Java, Python, and Go. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer with a passion for learning and solving problems.
ModelOp puts models in business by providing the industry’s only enterprise-class suite of software and services solely focused on ModelOps. ModelOp was founded in 2016 by industry veterans with deep expertise in data science and IT large-scale enterprise IT operations. ModelOp has offices in Chicago, IL; San Jose, CA; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Implement microservices that deliver model lifecycle and execution solutions that improve the implementation and delivery of Machine Learning, AI, and Standard Analytic models in an enterprise environment
- Build software solutions to support integration of models into customer ecosystem using tools like Kafka, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Work as an individual contributor in a small team to successfully deliver enterprise grade software ensuring quality throughout the entire process, as part of a larger group of engineering teams
- Continue to grow and learn both from other engineers and self-led education in both standard accepted software engineering norms, and in the adoption of emerging technologies
- Work with customers to understand difficulties and/or bugs in our software to both resolve the issues and improve our overall customer experience and the quality of our product.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience, recent graduates will be considered
- Proven ability to contribute to a team in an Agile environment
- A good understanding and practical experience in Java
- Spring Boot, Spring Data Rest, and Microservice Development experience desired
- Knowledge and/or experience in Python
- An understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with BPM solutions highly desirable
- Basic understanding of standard statistics
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Strong problem solving skills
Works well in a team environment but also as an independent contributor
ModelOp offers a full benefits, including a retirement package and comprehensive health insurance.