As a Principal Field Engineer, you will be an expert in the real-world operation of our product in customer environments, and will be an advocate for both the product and the customers you are helping. You will excel in communicating the value of ModelOp, demonstrating ModelOp’s domain expertise; and you will be a critical link between customers using our ModelOp software for AI/ML Model Operations, and the broader team inside ModelOp.
An ideal candidate for this position has a strong track record of helping customers use technology to solve problems, a strong and diverse technical background in Enterprise IT; and have demonstrated the ability to learn new technologies quickly, as well as a history of working in dynamic environments. Additionally, and above all, a candidate must have strong communication skills in order to serve as an effective connection between customers and the rest of our team.
Chicago, IL; New York City, NY; or Salt Lake City, UT
- Lead product deployment and supporting activities for ModelOp Center software in pre and post-sale environments; working both remotely and on-site with customers
- Serve as an advocate for customers and prospects during the pre-sales processServe as an expert resource for customers and prospects in the use of our software, and in the field of ModelOps
- Lead initiatives to enhance our integration with industry leading technologies
- Ensure the latest information and best practices from the field properly inform our R&D, Q/A, Product Management, and Services teams
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10+ years of demonstrated success in customer-facing technical roles for Enterprise IT
- 5-10+ years in architecting and operating complex IT data and/or analytic systems
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Deep experience with Linux and the command line
- Strong IT experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS/Azure
- Experience in integrating with and troubleshooting enterprise Java systems
- Domain expertise in Python/R and AI/ML
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- The ability to work effectively in a quickly-changing environment, and to put customer success first
ModelOp offers a full benefits, including a retirement package and comprehensive health insurance.