As a Field Engineer, you will be an expert in the real-world operation of our product in customer environments, and will be an advocate for both the product and the customers you are helping. You will excel in communicating the value of ModelOp, demonstrating ModelOp’s domain expertise; and you will be an important link between customers using our ModelOp software for AI/ML Model Operations, and the broader team inside ModelOp.
An ideal candidate for this position has a deep desire to help customers use technology to solve problems, a strong technical background, the ability to learn new technologies quickly, and the ability to adapt to varied deployment environments. Additionally, and above all, a candidate must have strong communication skills in order to serve as an effective connection between customers and the rest of our team.
Chicago, IL, New York City, NY, Salt Lake City, UT
ModelOp puts models in business by providing the industry’s only enterprise-class suite of software and services solely focused on Model Operations. ModelOp was founded in 2016 by industry veterans with deep expertise in data science and IT large-scale enterprise IT operations. ModelOp has offices in Chicago, IL and San Jose, CA.
- Work as a critical team member on the deployment and supporting activities for FastScore software in pre and post-sale environments; working both remotely and on-site with customers. This includes integration with customer’s existing data science, infrastructure, and IT applications and systems.
- Serve as an advocate of Open Data Group’s solutions to both customers and prospects
Work to augment our integration capabilities with industry leading technologies
Serve as an expert resource for customers and prospects in the use of our software, and in the field of MLOps
Ensure the latest information and best practices from the field properly inform our R&D, Q/A, Product Management, and Services teams
Bachelors Degree quantitative discipline (e.g., finance, physics, math, engineering) or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of enterprise IT or equivalent experienceStrong communication and problem solving skillsExperience with Docker and Kubernetes a strong plusBasic understanding of standard statisticsThe ability to work effectively in a quickly-changing environment, and to put customer success first
- A demonstrated capacity to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- Domain expertise in Python/R and AI/ML a strong plus
- Strong Linux and command line skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
ModelOp offers a full benefits, including a retirement package and comprehensive health insurance.